Friday, March 2, 2012

Protect the Tradition

This past weekend as my wife and I attended the State Swimming and Diving Meet at the University of Texas we had time to reflect on the current school year and the past 31 years that we have been in education. Our student's in Carroll achieve unprecedented success in the classroom, on the field, in the pool and in every venue they enter. As my wife and I talked, we both expressed how blessed we felt to have been given the opportunity to become a part of the Dragon Family. Tradition and Protecting the Tradition is something we believe in and promote in Southlake. As the principal, I take great pride in protecting and extending the tradition of success. I believe our community, faculty and students feel the inertia of continuing the tradition of success likewise. I know our success could not occur without the support of a wonderful community, staff and school for which we are fortunate to enjoy. I would like to thank you for supporting our school, staff and students.

On a personal note, at the conclusion of the school year my wife and I will be retiring after 31 years of serving students to become Pop and Dot, being a grandparent is a wonderful thing. Your kids have touched our lives more than you will ever know. I would like to thank our students, staff and community for allowing me the opportunity to serve as the senior high principal for the past three years. I would like to thank my wife for being patient, supporting, encouraging and overlooking of my annoyances for the past 31 years as we have partnered as educators, parents and husband and wife.

"Protect the Tradition and remember our children and family are our lasting legacy"
Mike Rhodes


Teri and I supporting our Dragons

Here are a few pictures of what Teri and I are looking forward to being our legacy.

Dot and Rylee
Rett, Jacy and Grandbaby #2 Kason

No comments:

Post a Comment